Fertility preservation for AYAs diagnosed with cancer: Guidance for health professionals.
Fertility preservation for AYAs diagnosed with cancer: Guidance for health professionals
This guidance has been produced by the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA) as part of a national Youth Cancer Networks Program project funded by the Australian Government.
The guidance provides evidence-based recommendations and ‘good practice points’ to assist health professionals in effectively and fully discussing with their AYA patients and their families:
- the potential risk of cancer treatments to fertility
- fertility preservation options for AYAs diagnosed with cancer
- potential late effects and the need for assessment and monitoring of reproductive, sexual and endocrine health after cancer treatment ends.
Information about the purpose, target audience and development of this guidance is in the Introduction.
- Discussing fertility with AYAs diagnosed with cancer
- Managing the fertility preservation process
- Impact of cancer treatments on fertility
- Options for fertility preservation
- Long term follow up
- Information and support for patients and families
- Information and resources for health professionals
In partnership with