This guidance has been produced by the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA) as part of a national Youth Cancer Networks Program project funded by the Australian Government.
The guidance provides advice and ‘good practice points’ to assist health professionals in recognising and meeting the particular psychosocial needs of their AYA patients.
Key issues covered include communicating effectively with AYAs diagnosed with cancer, supporting AYA relationships, addressing physical issues that impact on psychosocial and psychosexual health and addressing the psychosocial wellbeing of the patient.
- Communicating effectively with AYAs diagnosed with cancer
- Supporting AYA relationships
- Addressing aspects of physical wellbeing related to psychosocial health
- Addressing the psychological wellbeing of the patient
- Keeping the young person connected with life outside their cancer treatment
- Providing age-appropriate clinical management
- Addressing the palliative care needs of AYA patients
- Information and resources
In partnership with