Welcome to Cancer Council Australia’s Cancer Guidelines Wiki!
Cancer Council Australia’s Cancer Guidelines Wiki is designed to provide high quality, evidence-based and up-to-date cancer care clinical practice guidelines under a free license and at no charge. It is a service provided by Cancer Council Australia to inform clinical practice and improve the standard and consistency of clinical practice according to the best and most recent scientific evidence available.
On this platform, authors and co-authors of clinical guideline working parties as well as staff members develop, publish, review and update cancer clinical practice guideline content. In addition, the platform enables our stakeholders to participate in an ongoing public consultation process as external contributors. Cancer Council Australia encourages the community to alert us of any new evidence and comment on guideline content to help us achieve our mission of providing high quality, evidence-based and up-to-date cancer care clinical practice guidelines.
In order to become a guideline author or co-author and develop and update clinical practice guideline content on this platform, you must be a licensed medical or healthcare professional that has been approved and invited by Cancer Council Australia to work on a specific cancer care clinical practice guideline. You agree to provide all personal information required in the account creation sign up form, such as firstname.lastname as username, your name, role, affiliation and conflict of interest, so that users will know who you are. You agree to provide accurate information when creating a user account and profile.
To contribute to Cancer Guidelines Wiki as an external individual or organisational representative
Activities that you agree to refrain from
- submitting information on the site that is or may be illegal, false, misleading or deceptive, abusive, harassing, hateful or intimidating, sexually explicit, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without prior consent of the owner, information protected by contractual non-disclosure obligations or invasive of another's right of privacy;
- submitting information on the site that contains a virus or corrupted data or using any device, software or routine such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, easter eggs, time bombs, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is intended to interfere with or attempts to interfere with the proper functionality of the Website;
- advertising or promoting any goods and services;
- registering, endeavouring to register or using a username, in an attempt to impersonate another person, that belongs to another person, that is offensive or that Cancer Council Australia rejects for any other reason in its absolute discretion.
About the content we host
Our content is for general information only: Cancer Council Australia guidelines content is designed to provide information to assist in decision-making. The guideline content is not meant to be prescriptive. It is a general guide to appropriate practice, to be followed subject to the clinician’s judgement and the patient’s preference in each individual case.
External comments are not endorsed by Cancer Council Australia and do not necessarily represent Cancer Council Australia’s views. Please use proper judgement and common sense when you view externally submitted content.
How content is licensed
Cancer Council Australia is committed to make the content developed and published on the Cancer Guidelines Wiki site freely available and to ensure it is disseminated to the widest audience possible. Therefore, all users contributing to the guideline projects grant permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, so long as the use is attributed correctly and any derivative works are licensed under the same license (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike CC-BY-SA). The following are our rules for licensing content:
- a) Text that you hold the copyright to: You agree to license text that you hold the copyright to under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike. Please note that the license allows commercial uses of your contributions, as long as the uses are compliant with these terms
- b) Attribution: Attribution is an important part of this license. Authors have to be credited for the work that they have contributed. Therefore you agree to be attributed in the following fashion:
- - Via hyperlink (where possible) or URL to the article or articles that you contributed to
- - Via a list of all authors (Please note that any list of authors may be filtered to exclude very small or irrelevant contributions)
- - Via citation that can be retrieved when using the ‘cite this page’-tool
- c) Importing text: You may import text that you have found elsewhere or that you have co-authored with others. In such cases you warrant that the text is available under terms that are compatible with the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike CC-BY-SA CC-BY-SA license. If the imported text requires attribution, you agree to credit the author(s).
- d) Non-text media: When you contribute non-text media as an author, co-author or staff member, you agree to specify the license on image upload and comply with the requirement for such licenses. You also ensure that the image is correctly attributed on the content pages it is used.
- e) No revocation of license: You agree that you will not revoke or seek invalidation of any license that you have granted under this agreement for text content or non-text media contributed to this platform, even if you terminate to use our services.
- f) Re-use: Re-use of the content that we publish is welcome, but any re-use must comply with the underlying license. This means that you agree with the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike CC-BY-SA.
- g) Modifications or additions to material that you re-use: When modifying or making additions to any text or non-text media that you have obtained from the Cancer Guidelines Platform, you agree to indicate that the original work has been modified and license the modified or added content in accordance with whatever license the work has been made available under.
Responsibilities and information security
You are fully responsible for all activities conducted using your username and password, including your interactions with other members, whether within the Cancer Council Australia service or independently, and for any content contributed to the site. You are also responsible to keep your password secure. Please do not disclose it to any third party. If you notice any unauthorised use of your password and account on this website, you agree to notify Cancer Council Australia immediately.
All Cancer Council Australia trademarks belong to Cancer Council Australia and cannot be used without our permission.
Content you contribute to any area of the site
You understand and agree that Cancer Council Australia is under no obligation to display, reproduce, or distribute the content that you post.
If required by law, we reserve the right to disclose the identity or other information relating to anyone who has registered a user account on this website.
Changes to these Terms or the Cancer Council Australia Cancer Guidelines Wiki Service
Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be addressed to:
Cancer Council Australia GPO Box 4708 Sydney, NSW 2001
Email: generic email Ph: 8063 4100 Fax: 02 8063 4101