- In people at risk of lung cancer, does population based screening with chest radiography reduce mortality
- In people at risk of lung cancer, does population based CT screening reduce mortality?
- Which population group would potentially most benefit from CT screening for lung cancer?
- What specimen types are suitable for mutation testing in NSCLC patients?
- When is IHC required for subtyping of non-small cell lung cancer and what is the optimal IHC panel?
- In people undergoing lung cancer evaluation, does concurrent diagnosis and staging provide greater benefit for patient outcomes compared to sequential testing for diagnosis followed by staging?
- Does routine follow-up improve patient outcomes in people who have curative intent treatments for lung cancer?
- What is the optimal test and timing for the follow-up of people with lung cancer who have had curative intent treatment?
- What is the optimal model (provider) of care for the follow up of people with lung cancer who have had curative intent treatment?
- For patients undergoing workup for known or suspected lung cancer, what is the optimal timing of PET/CT? Before or after tissue biopsy confirmation?
Underway or pending
- What is the most effective way to manage small solid, sub-solid and non-solid nodules?
- In people with suspected early stage lung cancer considered for curative treatment (surgery, radiation therapy, ablation), does pathological diagnosis improve outcomes?
- For suspected lung cancer in the periphery of the lung (peripheral pulmonary lesions), what is the most effective diagnostic modality?
- In patients considered for curative treatment of lung cancer, is MRI more effective that CT scan for the diagnosis of brain metastases?
- What are the most effective smoking cessation strategies for smokers who have been diagnosed with lung cancer?
- In smokers or former smokers at risk of lung cancer, is chemoprevention effective?
- In people with lung cancer referred for active treatment, does smoking cessation result in improved outcomes?
- Which histological subtype should undergo testing?
- What are the validated patient and tumour prognostic markers in NSCLC and SCLC?
If you would like to submit any proposed questions to be considered for inclusion in the guidelines, please submit a comment below for consideration by the Working Party.