Cancer Council Australia wiki platform
The Cancer Council Australia wiki platform is web-based information and education on clinical practice guidelines that can be constantly updated.
Guidelines open for public consultation
Guidelines in development
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and diagnosis of lung cancer open for public consultation from 3 July 2017 to 30 July 2017. Post-public consultation changes underway and the next set of questions is in development.
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention, early detection and management of colorectal cancer (commissioned by the Department of Health) - open for public consultation from 10 March 2017 to 8 April 2017. Post-public consultation changes underway.
- Third set of questions in the Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of melanoma (in collaboration with Melanoma Institute Australia with funding received from Skin Cancer College Australasia) -- currently in development.
- Clinical practice guidelines for surveillance colonoscopy - currently under revision
Clinical practice guidelines developed by Cancer Council Australia
- National Cervical Screening Program: Guidelines for the management of screen-detected abnormalities, screening in specific populations and investigation of abnormal vaginal bleeding (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Clinical practice guidelines PSA testing and early management of test-detected prostate cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus and early oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer
- Management of apparent early stage endometrial cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of adult onset sarcoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer
Clinical practice guideline developed by Australian Adult Cancer Pain Management Guideline Working Party
Guidelines and guidances developed by Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- The draft Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA) guidelines for the safe prescribing, dispensing and administration of systemic cancer therapy were open for public consultation from 29 May 2017 to 23 June 2017. Post public consultation changes are currently underway.
- NETs guidelines
- Head and neck cancer nutrition guidelines
- Early detection of cancer in AYAs
- AYA cancer fertility preservation
- Psychosocial management of AYA cancer patients
- COSA clinical practice guidelines for teleoncology
Wiki-based clinical practice guidelines
Wiki-based clinical practice guidelines will ultimately improve the standard and consistency of clinical practice according to the best and most recent scientific evidence available. It is a service provided by Cancer Council Australia to inform clinical practice. Unlike written guidelines wiki guidelines are constantly updated as new evidence becomes available and are linked to source abstracts and other evidence-based sites that add to the value of visiting the wiki site.