Goldspiel BR, DeChristoforo R, Hoffman JM. Preventing chemotherapy errors: updating guidelines to meet new challenges. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2015 Apr 15;72(8):668-9 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25825190.
|Critical appraisal link||Clinical question||Assigned to||Status|
|Goldspiel BR, DeChristoforo R, Hoffman JM 2015||Cancer chemotherapy medication safety guidelines||Winston Liauw||completed|
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- COSA:Cancer chemotherapy medication safety guidelines/Guideline development process
- How should chemotherapy be safely administered via different routes?
- How should information be presented in the medication order to minimise errors?
- What are the special safety considerations when providing intrathecal cancer therapy?
- What competencies and skills are required for the safe provision of cancer therapy?
- What information and assessments are required prior to administering cancer therapy?
- What is best practice when dispensing and supplying intrathecal therapy?
- What is best practice when prescribing intrathecal therapy?
- What is the procedure for the Pharmacist when clinically verifying cancer prescriptions?