Horwhat JD, Baroni D, Maydonovitch C, Osgard E, Ormseth E, Rueda-Pedraza E, et al. Normalization of intestinal metaplasia in the esophagus and esophagogastric junction: incidence and clinical data. Am J Gastroenterol 2007 Mar;102(3):497-506 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17156135.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- What is the incidence of neoplasia in patients with BO?
- Are there any medical or surgical interventions that cause regression of BO?
- What are the risk factors for progression from non-dysplastic BO to high-grade dysplasia or adenocarcinoma?
- Are there groups of patients with non-dysplastic BO that require more frequent surveillance?
- Are there groups of patients with BO that can be discharged from surveillance?