Isenring EA, Capra S, Bauer JD. Nutrition intervention is beneficial in oncology outpatients receiving radiotherapy to the gastrointestinal or head and neck area. Br J Cancer 2004 Aug 2;91(3):447-52 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15226773.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- Q11. What are the goals of nutrition intervention? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q2. When should patients be screened and referred to the dietitian?
- Q23. What frequency and duration of nutrition follow up should patients receive pre, peri and post treatment?
- Q24. What nutritional parameters need to be monitored?
- Q4. How should nutritional status be assessed?
- Q5. What is the impact of the dietitian providing nutrition intervention as part of a multidisciplinary team?
- Q7. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q8. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Post treatment