Jung KW, Talley NJ, Romero Y, Katzka DA, Schleck CD, Zinsmeister AR, et al. Epidemiology and natural history of intestinal metaplasia of the gastroesophageal junction and Barrett's esophagus: a population-based study. Am J Gastroenterol 2011 Aug;106(8):1447-55; quiz 1456 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21483461.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- What is the prevalence of BO in the Australian population in comparison with other populations?
- What is the incidence of neoplasia in patients with BO?
- What are the risk factors for progression from non-dysplastic BO to high-grade dysplasia or adenocarcinoma?
- Are there groups of patients with non-dysplastic BO that require more frequent surveillance?
- Are there groups of patients with BO that can be discharged from surveillance?