Paccagnella A, Morello M, Da Mosto MC, Baruffi C, Marcon ML, Gava A, et al. Early nutritional intervention improves treatment tolerance and outcomes in head and neck cancer patients undergoing concurrent chemoradiotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2010 Jul;18(7):837-45 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19727846.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- Q11. What are the goals of nutrition intervention? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q19. What are the effective methods of implementation to ensure positive outcomes?
- Q2. When should patients be screened and referred to the dietitian?
- Q23. What frequency and duration of nutrition follow up should patients receive pre, peri and post treatment?
- Q24. What nutritional parameters need to be monitored?
- Q5. What is the impact of the dietitian providing nutrition intervention as part of a multidisciplinary team?
- Q7. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy