Ravasco P, Monteiro-Grillo I, Marques Vidal P, Camilo ME. Impact of nutrition on outcome: a prospective randomized controlled trial in patients with head and neck cancer undergoing radiotherapy. Head Neck 2005 Aug;27(8):659-68 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15920748.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- Q11. What are the goals of nutrition intervention? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q14. What is the nutrition prescription to meet these goals? - Post treatment
- Q2. When should patients be screened and referred to the dietitian?
- Q23. What frequency and duration of nutrition follow up should patients receive pre, peri and post treatment?
- Q24. What nutritional parameters need to be monitored?
- Q26. What is the impact of patient adherence with dietary advice to their outcomes?
- Q5. What is the impact of the dietitian providing nutrition intervention as part of a multidisciplinary team?
- Q7. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q8. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Post treatment