van den Berg MG, Rasmussen-Conrad EL, Wei KH, Lintz-Luidens H, Kaanders JH, Merkx MA. Comparison of the effect of individual dietary counselling and of standard nutritional care on weight loss in patients with head and neck cancer undergoing radiotherapy. Br J Nutr 2010 Sep;104(6):872-7 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20441684.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- Q11. What are the goals of nutrition intervention? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q13. What is the nutrition prescription to meet these goals? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q14. What is the nutrition prescription to meet these goals? - Post treatment
- Q19. What are the effective methods of implementation to ensure positive outcomes?
- Q23. What frequency and duration of nutrition follow up should patients receive pre, peri and post treatment?
- Q24. What nutritional parameters need to be monitored?
- Q5. What is the impact of the dietitian providing nutrition intervention as part of a multidisciplinary team?
- Q7. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Q8. Does nutrition intervention improve outcomes? - Post treatment