Womer RB, Tracy E, Soo-Hoo W, Bickert B, DiTaranto S, Barnsteiner JH. Multidisciplinary systems approach to chemotherapy safety: rebuilding processes and holding the gains. J Clin Oncol 2002 Dec 15;20(24):4705-12 Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12488417.
Compare quality appraisals for each clinical question
- How can risk assessment and quality assurance activities minimise errors in cancer therapy?
- How should information be presented in the medication order to minimise errors?
- What factors should be taken into account when using electronic systems to support the delivery of cancer therapy?
- What governance processes, policies and procedures should be in place for the safe provision of cancer therapy?
- What information should be included in a treatment protocol for cancer therapy?
- What resources are required for the safe provision of cancer therapy?