Critical appraisal:Averboukh F, Ziv Y, Kariv Y, Zmora O, Dotan I, Klausner JM, et al 2011 2 1
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: cohort study
"New technology" group
- Representative of eligible patients.
- Representative of eligible patients
Comparability of groups on demographic characteristics and clinical features
Measurement of outcomes
Same method of measurement used across comparison groups
Completeness of follow-up
Was follow-up complete and were all patients included in the analysis?
- Yes (follow-up >95%) or survival analysis using all patients
Overall risk of bias
|Low risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your risk of bias rating|
- Averboukh F, Ziv Y, Kariv Y, Zmora O, Dotan I, Klausner JM, et al. Colorectal carcinoma in inflammatory bowel disease: a comparison between Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. Colorectal Dis 2011 Nov;13(11):1230-5 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21689324.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:Colorectal cancer/Colonoscopy surveillance
- Clinical question
- Form:Quality appraisal cohort
- Duration of IBD (in years) before colorectal cancer diagnosis
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer