Critical appraisal:Balch CM, Gershenwald JE, Soong SJ, Thompson JF, Atkins MB, Byrd DR, et al 2009 3
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: cohort study
"New technology" group
- Representative of eligible patients.
- Representative of eligible patients
Comparability of groups on demographic characteristics and clinical features
- Not comparable but adjusted analysis used
Measurement of outcomes
Same method of measurement used across comparison groups
Completeness of follow-up
Was follow-up complete and were all patients included in the analysis?
- Yes (follow-up >95%) or survival analysis using all patients
Overall risk of bias
|Moderate risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your risk of bias rating|
- Balch CM, Gershenwald JE, Soong SJ, Thompson JF, Atkins MB, Byrd DR, et al. Final version of 2009 AJCC melanoma staging and classification. J Clin Oncol 2009 Dec 20;27(36):6199-206 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19917835.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Clinical question
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer