Critical appraisal:Barbour S, Mark Smithers B, Allan C, Bayley G, Thomas J, Foote M, et al 2015 4
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: cohort study
"New technology" group
- Representative of eligible patients.
- Representative of eligible patients
Comparability of groups on demographic characteristics and clinical features
- Not comparable and not adjusted for differences
Measurement of outcomes
Same method of measurement used across comparison groups
Completeness of follow-up
Was follow-up complete and were all patients included in the analysis?
- Yes (follow-up >95%) or survival analysis using all patients
Overall risk of bias
|High risk of bias||Additional comments: representative cohort, baseline not comparable and not adjustments made, objective measures used|
- Barbour S, Mark Smithers B, Allan C, Bayley G, Thomas J, Foote M, et al. Patterns of Recurrence in Patients with Stage IIIB/C Cutaneous Melanoma of the Head and Neck Following Surgery With and Without Adjuvant Radiation Therapy: Is Isolated Regional Recurrence Salvageable? Ann Surg Oncol 2015 Jan 13 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25582744.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Clinical question
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer