Critical appraisal:Han JG, Wang ZJ, Wei GH, Gao ZG, Yang Y, Zhao BC 2012 2
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: Randomised Controlled Trial (Cochrane risk of bias tool)
Random sequence generation
Describe the method used to generate the allocation sequence in sufficient detail to allow an assessment of whether it should produce comparable groups.
- Not described
Describe the method used to conceal the allocation sequence in sufficient detail to determine whether intervention allocations could have been foreseen in advance of or during, enrolment.
- Randomization was performed on the day before surgery through sealed opaque envelopes containing a surgical
Describe all measures used, if any, to blind outcome assessors from knowledge of which intervention a participant received. Provide any information relating to whether the intended blinding was effective.
- Not described
Incomplete outcome data
Describe the completeness of outcome data for each main outcome, including attrition and exlusions from the analysis. State whether attrition and exclusions were reported, the numbers in each intervention group (compared with total randomized participants), reasons for attrition/exclusions where reported, and any re-inclusions in analyses performed by the review authors.
- All patient data included
Selective outcome reporting
State how the possibility of selective outcome reporting was examined by the review authors and what was found.
- Study Protocol:
Primary Outcome Measures:
Secondary Outcome Measures:
3-years overall survival
What was the risk of bias from selective outcome reporting? Assessments should be made for each main outcome (or class of outcomes).
Other sources of bias
Overall risk of bias
|Unclear risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your risk of bias rating|
- Han JG, Wang ZJ, Wei GH, Gao ZG, Yang Y, Zhao BC. Randomized clinical trial of conventional versus cylindrical abdominoperineal resection for locally advanced lower rectal cancer. Am J Surg 2012 Sep;204(3):274-82 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22920402.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:Colorectal cancer
- Clinical question
- Form:Quality appraisal rct-cochrane
- Complications, morbidity, pain, sexual dysfunction
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer