Critical appraisal:Lim SG, Lee KJ, Suh KW, Oh SY, Kim SS, Yoo JH, et al 2013
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: cohort study
"New technology" group
- Representative of eligible patients.
- Representative of eligible patients
Comparability of groups on demographic characteristics and clinical features
Measurement of outcomes
Same method of measurement used across comparison groups
Completeness of follow-up
Was follow-up complete and were all patients included in the analysis?
- Yes (follow-up >95%) or survival analysis using all patients
Overall risk of bias
|Low risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your risk of bias rating|
- Lim SG, Lee KJ, Suh KW, Oh SY, Kim SS, Yoo JH, et al. Preoperative colonoscopy for detection of synchronous neoplasms after insertion of self-expandable metal stents in occlusive colorectal cancer: comparison of covered and uncovered stents. Gut Liver 2013 May;7(3):311-6 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23710312.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:Colorectal cancer/Colonoscopy surveillance
- Clinical question
- Form:Quality appraisal cohort
- Successfully completed preoperative colonoscopy, Synchronous lesions during preoperative colonoscopy (adenomas, HGD, cancer)
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer