Critical appraisal:Melson J, Ma K, Arshad S, Greenspan M, Kaminsky T, Melvani V, et al 2016 5
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: cohort study
"New technology" group
- Representative of eligible patients.
- Representative of eligible patients
Comparability of groups on demographic characteristics and clinical features
Measurement of outcomes
Same method of measurement used across comparison groups
Completeness of follow-up
Was follow-up complete and were all patients included in the analysis?
- Yes (follow-up >95%) or survival analysis using all patients
Overall risk of bias
|Low risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your risk of bias rating|
- Melson J, Ma K, Arshad S, Greenspan M, Kaminsky T, Melvani V, et al. Presence of small sessile serrated polyps increases rate of advanced neoplasia upon surveillance compared with isolated low-risk tubular adenomas. Gastrointest Endosc 2016 Aug;84(2):307-14 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26855297.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:Colorectal cancer/Colonoscopy surveillance
- Clinical question
- Form:Quality appraisal cohort
- all outcomes
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer