Critical appraisal:Schröder FH, Hugosson J, Carlsson S, Tammela T, Määttänen L, Auvinen A, et al 2012
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: randomised controlled trial
Was the trial double-blinded?
- Outcomes not blinded, substantial side-effects, or not reported.
Was the treatment allocation schedule concealed?
- Inadequately concealed (e.g. numbered/sealed envelopes, alternation, medical record number, date of birth).
Were all randomised participants included in the analysis?
- Too many exclusions, differential loss in comparison groups, or not reported.
The field below is not considered when calculating the risk of bias rating
Overall risk of bias
|High risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your quality rating|
- Schröder FH, Hugosson J, Carlsson S, Tammela T, Määttänen L, Auvinen A, et al. Screening for prostate cancer decreases the risk of developing metastatic disease: findings from the European Randomized Study of Screening for Prostate Cancer (ERSPC). Eur Urol 2012 Nov;62(5):745-52 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22704366.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:PSA Testing/PSA protocols
- Clinical question
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer