Critical appraisal:Takenaka A, Hara R, Ishimura T, Fujii T, Jo Y, Nagai A, et al 2008 2
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: randomised controlled trial
Was the trial double-blinded?
- Outcomes not blinded, substantial side-effects, or not reported.
Was the treatment allocation schedule concealed?
- No concealment or unclear (e.g. no approach described, open randomisation lists, person doing recruitment tossing a coin).
Were all randomised participants included in the analysis?
- Too many exclusions, differential loss in comparison groups, or not reported.
The field below is not considered when calculating the risk of bias rating
Overall risk of bias
|High risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your quality rating|
- Takenaka A, Hara R, Ishimura T, Fujii T, Jo Y, Nagai A, et al. A prospective randomized comparison of diagnostic efficacy between transperineal and transrectal 12-core prostate biopsy. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2008;11(2):134-8 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17533394.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:PSA Testing/Biopsy
- Clinical question
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer
The quality was assessed for the outcome of adverse events.