Critical appraisal:Tzellos T, Kyrgidis A, Mocellin S, Chan AW, Pilati P, Apalla Z 2014 2
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: systematic review
Studies included in the review
Was an adequate search strategy used?
- Very thorough – included appropriate search terms and databases
Were the inclusion criteria appropriate and applied in an unbiased way?
- Yes – pre-specified inclusion criteria applied independently by two people
Were the studies assessed for quality (relating to the minimisation of biases)?
- Yes – appropriate quality issues were assessed independently by two people
Were the characteristics and results of individual studies appropriately summarised?
- Yes – summary descriptive tables of subjects, interventions, outcomes etc are provided and estimates of treatment effect displayed
The following questions are only relevant for systematic reviews that pooled data
Overall risk of bias
|Low risk of bias||Additional comments: Please replace this text and include any additional comments in regards to your risk of bias rating|
- Tzellos T, Kyrgidis A, Mocellin S, Chan AW, Pilati P, Apalla Z. Interventions for melanoma in situ, including lentigo maligna. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014 Dec 19;12:CD010308 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25526608.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Clinical question
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer