Critical appraisal:Zeman M, Maciejewski A, Półtorak S, Kryj M 2013
From Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Risk of bias assessment: cohort study
"New technology" group
- Representative of eligible patients.
- Representative of eligible patients
Comparability of groups on demographic characteristics and clinical features
- Not comparable and not adjusted for differences
Measurement of outcomes
Same method of measurement used across comparison groups
Completeness of follow-up
Was follow-up complete and were all patients included in the analysis?
- No or not described
Overall risk of bias
|High risk of bias||Additional comments: Outcomes blinded - quite unbiased outcome measures
Completedness of follow up - Primary outcome 3- and 5- years, and both mean follow-ups are less. Don’t say why they were lost to FU.
- Zeman M, Maciejewski A, Półtorak S, Kryj M. Evaluation of outcomes and treatment safety of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer to the liver with estimation of prognostic factors. Pol Przegl Chir 2013 Jun;85(6):333-9 Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23828415.
- Assigned to
- Topic area
- Guidelines:Colorectal cancer
- Clinical question
Section below only relevant for Cancer Council Project Officer