Cancer Council Australia's Clinical Guidelines Network platform
The Cancer Council Australia platform for guidelines is a web-based information and education resource on clinical practice guidelines that can be constantly updated.
If you would like to be kept informed about guidelines that are under development and notified about public consultation periods, please contact guidelines(at)cancer.org.au.
Cancer Council Australia guidelines in development
- Clinical practice guidelines for keratinocyte cancer (basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma) – a revision of the Basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma (and related lesions) – a guide to clinical management in Australia (2008). Note this resource was developed, reviewed or revised more than five years ago. This PDF has been made available for reference purposes only.
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and diagnosis of lung cancer and Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer have published content available with final sets of questions under development.
Clinical practice guidelines developed by Cancer Council Australia
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of melanoma (in partnership with Melanoma Institute Australia and supported by Skin Cancer College Australasia and the Australasian College of Dermatologists)
- Clinical practice guidelines for surveillance colonoscopy (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention, early detection and management of colorectal cancer (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- National Cervical Screening Program: Guidelines for the management of screen-detected abnormalities, screening in specific populations and investigation of abnormal vaginal bleeding (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Clinical practice guidelines PSA testing and early management of test-detected prostate cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus and early oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer
- Management of apparent early stage endometrial cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of adult onset sarcoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer
Hosted cancer guidelines
Clinical practice guideline developed by Australian Adult Cancer Pain Management Guideline Working Party
Guidelines and guidances developed by Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- COSA guidelines for the safe prescribing, dispensing and administration of systemic cancer therapy
- NETs guidelines
- Head and neck cancer nutrition guidelines
- Early detection of cancer in AYAs
- AYA cancer fertility preservation
- Psychosocial management of AYA cancer patients
- COSA clinical practice guidelines for teleoncology