Cancer Council Australia wiki platform
The Cancer Council Australia wiki platform is web-based information and education on clinical practice guidelines that can be constantly updated.
Guidelines open for public consultation
No guidelines are open for Public Consultation at present.
If you would like to be kept informed about guidelines that are under development and notified about public consultation periods, please contact guidelines(at)cancer.org.au.
Guidelines in development
- Clinical practice guidelines: Keratinocyte carcinomas (non-melanoma skin cancer) is under development - a revision of the Basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma (and related lesions) – a guide to clinical management in Australia (2008). Note this resource was developed, reviewed or revised more than five years ago. This PDF has been made available for reference purposes only.
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and diagnosis of lung cancer and Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer have published content available with final sets of questions under development and open for public consultation mid-2018.
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of melanoma (in collaboration with Melanoma Institute Australia with funding received from Skin Cancer College Australasia) - the 4th set of clinical questions was open for public consultation from 16 March to 16 April 2018, a 5th set will be available for public comment shortly.
- Clinical practice guidelines for surveillance colonoscopy - was open for public consultation from 2 April 2018 to 2 May 2018; comments are now under review.
Clinical practice guidelines developed by Cancer Council Australia
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention, early detection and management of colorectal cancer (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- National Cervical Screening Program: Guidelines for the management of screen-detected abnormalities, screening in specific populations and investigation of abnormal vaginal bleeding (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Clinical practice guidelines PSA testing and early management of test-detected prostate cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus and early oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer
- Management of apparent early stage endometrial cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of adult onset sarcoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer
Clinical practice guideline developed by Australian Adult Cancer Pain Management Guideline Working Party
Guidelines and guidances developed by Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- COSA guidelines for the safe prescribing, dispensing and administration of systemic cancer therapy
- NETs guidelines
- Head and neck cancer nutrition guidelines
- Early detection of cancer in AYAs
- AYA cancer fertility preservation
- Psychosocial management of AYA cancer patients
- COSA clinical practice guidelines for teleoncology
Wiki-based clinical practice guidelines
Wiki-based clinical practice guidelines will ultimately improve the standard and consistency of clinical practice according to the best and most recent scientific evidence available. It is a service provided by Cancer Council Australia to inform clinical practice. Unlike written guidelines wiki guidelines are constantly updated as new evidence becomes available and are linked to source abstracts and other evidence-based sites that add to the value of visiting the wiki site.