Finalised (published) content
- What is the role of skin surface imaging (total body photography) in the early diagnosis of patients at high risk of developing melanoma?)
Content open for public consultation (September-October 2017)
Investigations and follow-up for melanoma patients:
- Investigations and follow-up for melanoma patients?
- What investigations should be performed following a diagnosis of primary cutaneous melanoma for asymptomatic Stage I and II patients?
- What investigations should be performed when in transit and/or regional node disease (Stage III melanoma) is diagnosed?
- What investigations should be performed when Stage IV melanoma is diagnosed?
- How should patients at each stage of melanoma be followed after initial definitive treatment?
- What are the ideal settings, duration and frequency of follow-up for melanoma patients?
Identification and management of high-risk individuals
- Identification and management of high-risk individuals
- What are the genetic determinants of high risk for new primary melanoma?
- What validated models integrate genetic and clinical risk factors into an overall measurement of high risk from new primary melanoma?
- What interventions have been shown to reduce the risk of death from melanoma in those assessed to be at high risk of new primary melanoma?
Total body photography
What is the role of skin surface imaging (total body photography) in the early diagnosis of patients at high risk of developing melanoma? -- published December 2017
- What clinical information should the clinician give the pathologist to aid diagnosis of melanoma?
- Should all patients with a positive sentinel lymph node biopsy have a complete node dissection?
- When is radiotherapy indicated for patients with distant metastasis?
Content under development (not yet open for public consultation)
- What is the role of adjuvant systemic therapy in patients with resected stage 2-3 melanoma?
- Does systemic drug therapy improve progression free and/or overall survival in stage 3C unresectable and stage 4 melanoma?
- Is adjuvant radiotherapy of value following resection of involved lymph nodes?
- Should desmoplastic and/or neurotropic melanomas be treated differently?
- How should lentigo maligna be managed?
- How should satellite and in transit metastatic disease be managed?
Systematic reviews underway/pending (not yet open for public consultation)
- How should melanoma in pregnancy be managed?
- How should melanoma in children be managed?