Guideline summaries (recommendations only)
Additional guideline resources
If you would like to be kept informed about guidelines that are under development and notified about public consultation periods, please contact guidelines(at)cancer.org.au.
If you would like to re-use content from the Cancer Council Australia's Clinical Guidelines site, please visit our Frequently asked questions page.
Clinical practice guidelines developed by Cancer Council Australia
- Keratinocyte cancer (basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma) (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Diagnosis and management of melanoma (in partnership with Melanoma Institute Australia and supported by Skin Cancer College Australasia and the Australasian College of Dermatologists)
- Surveillance colonoscopy (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Prevention, early detection and management of colorectal cancer (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- National Cervical Screening Program: Guidelines for the management of screen-detected abnormalities, screening in specific populations and investigation of abnormal vaginal bleeding (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- PSA testing and early management of test-detected prostate cancer
- Diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus and early oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Prevention and diagnosis of lung cancer
- Treatment of lung cancer
- Management of apparent early stage endometrial cancer
- Management of adult onset sarcoma
- Management of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer
- Cancer pain management
Cancer Council Australia guideline topics in development
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and diagnosis of lung cancer and treatment of lung cancer have published content available with final, additional questions under development.
Guidelines developed by Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- COSA guidelines for the safe prescribing, dispensing and administration of systemic cancer therapy
- NETs guidelines
- Head and neck cancer nutrition guidelines
- Early detection of cancer in AYAs
- AYA cancer fertility preservation
- Psychosocial management of AYA cancer patients
- COSA clinical practice guidelines for teleoncology
Cancer Council would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work. We would also like to pay our respects to the elders past and present and extend that respect to all other Aboriginal people.