Cancer Council Australia wiki platform
The Cancer Council Australia wiki platform is a web-based information and education resource on clinical practice guidelines that can be constantly updated.
If you would like to be kept informed about guidelines that are under development and notified about public consultation periods, please contact guidelines(at)cancer.org.au.
Guidelines in development
- Clinical practice guideline for keratinocyte cancer (non-melanoma skin cancer) is under development - a revision of the Basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma (and related lesions) – a guide to clinical management in Australia (2008). Note this resource was developed, reviewed or revised more than five years ago. This PDF has been made available for reference purposes only.
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and diagnosis of lung cancer and Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer have published content available with final sets of questions under development and open for public consultation mid-2018.
- Clinical practice guidelines for surveillance colonoscopy – have been submitted to NHMRC for consideration.
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of melanoma (in partnership with Melanoma Institute Australia and supported by Skin Cancer College Australasia and the Australasian College of Dermatologists) - the 5th set of clinical questions was open for public consultation between 15 June and 16 July 2018; comments are now under review.
Clinical practice guidelines developed by Cancer Council Australia
- Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention, early detection and management of colorectal cancer (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- National Cervical Screening Program: Guidelines for the management of screen-detected abnormalities, screening in specific populations and investigation of abnormal vaginal bleeding (commissioned by the Department of Health)
- Clinical practice guidelines PSA testing and early management of test-detected prostate cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus and early oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of lung cancer
- Management of apparent early stage endometrial cancer
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of adult onset sarcoma
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer
Clinical practice guideline developed by Australian Adult Cancer Pain Management Guideline Working Party
Guidelines and guidances developed by Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- COSA guidelines for the safe prescribing, dispensing and administration of systemic cancer therapy
- NETs guidelines
- Head and neck cancer nutrition guidelines
- Early detection of cancer in AYAs
- AYA cancer fertility preservation
- Psychosocial management of AYA cancer patients
- COSA clinical practice guidelines for teleoncology
Wiki-based clinical practice guidelines
Wiki-based clinical practice guidelines will ultimately improve the standard and consistency of clinical practice according to the best and most recent scientific evidence available. It is a service provided by Cancer Council Australia to inform clinical practice. Unlike written guidelines wiki guidelines are constantly updated as new evidence becomes available and are linked to source abstracts and other evidence-based sites that add to the value of visiting the wiki site.